Pages

6.15.2010

Technology first....family first....

Wow...I just had a few minutes after supper while Lyla was watching Micky Mouse Clubhouse and before I started cleaning to check a few blogs to see what was up in the internet world.

and I came across No 17 Cherry Tree Lane...and she hit me HARD with a post about choosing your family over technology...

well really hers was about ...not letting techonology rule you...you choose to use it when you WANT....She doesn't want to have to feel like she HAS to check on blogs or her email...
which is exactly how I fell...but let myself fall into the temptation EVERY TIME!!

Well she had a few goals...and I plan to have a few myself!
I just started my blog and I absolutely love it!...it is a great way to get my thoughts out..that are bugging me...especially since my husband works all the time and I don't feel like i get to talk to him enough...

So
1. my first goal is to not be on the computer while Lyla is awake...this is one I feel horrible about...we get home at 5:30pm...then we do supper and bath and bedtime..i only spend a few hours with her before she goes to sleep...and sometimes i run in here to check my facebook or something else...ugh..i feel so bad!

2. I need to remember to put my husband before the computer...sometimes he will watch something stupid on TV that i really really don't wanna watch..so i just come in here to get on the internet and see what's going on...well i plan on staying in there with him..and if i don't wanna watch tv..i will just cuddle with him...

3. I need to dwindle down the website that i get on everyday...regularly...i have to many...i have to many right now and i try to push myself to see what is happening on all of them..and ignoring what i need to be doing...like cleaning..or laundry...so i need to cut down my internet sites...
the only ones i really like to get on..is the blogs i read..and cafemom...and facebook...and here lately i get on facebook for just a few minutes....it is starting to lose interest to me...i don't twitter so that is good...

but I am so thankful to No 17 Cherry Tree Lane for posting that post..i really needed to read it..and i hope many other people do too...and I hope it changes thier lives like it did mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!