Pages

7.03.2013

Who am I?



Today the class from Kristen (Find Your Voice) and the blog challenge from Becky (52 weeks of purposefully blogging) goes hand in hand..

Week Two of Find Your Voice is titled.............Who Are You?
and in the 52 weeks blog challenge the theme is.......Who I am!

Great huh?
I posted a post similar to these themes back in December HERE...so that was a good start and I will just add on to it!



Please know that you are not to late to start either of these .. jump in where you are or start at week 1 and go at your own pace!!





I love a quote that Kristen inserted in to our Lesson Two Worksheets:

"Who are we if not the stories we pass down? What happens when there's no one left to tell those stories? To hear them? Who will ever know that I existed? What if we are the only ones left...who will know our stories then? Who will remember those?"
-Carrie Ryan, The Forest of Hands and Teeth



I AM
Nikki.....named by my father (I think) ...also heard I was named after a Soap Opera star...either way..I own it and love it!
Faye is my middle name.. it was also my Dad's mom name.. She passed away when he was around three years old...I am proud to carry on her name.. which I also gave to my daughter

I AM
Nik to friends....Sis to my brother.... Mom to my daughter ......and Babe to my husband

I AM
a child of God. Redeemed. Forgiven. Bought with a serious price tag.

I AM
28 ..soon to be 29 in July...July 24th to be exact..almost three decades old! I have survived an ice storm with no electricity for a month and many tornado warnings in almost 30 years. My years of life have been fulfilling and exciting..I'm looking forward to many more!

I AM
and always will be a resident of the Mid-Land Valley at heart! It is just called Midland now..but us natives like to call it the Mid-Land Valley because we are in a valley.. a true valley.. in between two mountains.

I AM
a lover of pink. I admit it...relunctantly...but every since that pretty pink blanket was handed to me in August of 2008 that made me a momma.... I have loved pink ever since.

I AM
an ice cream eater. Mainly vanilla..throw in some cookie dough or some chocolate chips and that will be just fine

I AM
a reader. I love to read. I go through moods of reading. I used to love reading Law/Mystery books.. now I am more into Inspirational/NonFiction/Self Help books.

I AM
a scrapper. Scrapbooking that is. Which means there is paper everywhere, scissors, pens, glue, stickers, etc...all unorganized.. all crazy...and I love it!

I AM
a picture taker. I am NOT a photographer because I know nothing about light or shutter speed.. I just know how to capture memories.. so I am an avid picture taker

I AM
not a traveler..in a car. I am a flyer...not a rider!

I AM
a teacher. I love to see kids learning in any way possible.

I AM
a storyteller. The author of my life story. No one can tell my story to my children like I can.

Don't be afraid to tell your story..Don't be afraid to be YOU

YOU ...in reality
YOU..the author of your story

Something you have gone through ..someone else is going through now and may need to hear your imperfect story.
Every single story is worth telling. 

6 comments:

  1. Love your CREATIVE you.. love this post.. :-) (one of your FYV fellows)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiments, Nikki.. and your children will love that you're telling your story. It's the one thing I wish my mom had been better at, I wish I could know more of her story now. I look forward to hearing more of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!