Pages

5.13.2013

Hearts do Heal



Meeting my husband was by the hand of God.
I felt like he was my fairy tale landing smack dab in the middle of my regular life.

You see I had dated my high school sweetheart for seven years.
We were used to each other.
We were comfortable with each other.
We knew everything about each other.
Thing is....He knew a lot about other girls as well...

After I grew up and realized how dumb and in love I was ...or thought I was.... my whole life changed!

My friend introduced me to my husband. I had no intentions..and I told him many times..of dating anyone..
getting to know anyone..
being fake for anyone...
I had just gotten out of a seven year relationship and I felt like someone had ripped my heart out of chest and stomped on it.

My heart was broken..and it hurt.
It physically hurt.

But..my husband said he knew we were meant to be (yes he told me that ..very early in meeting each other...and why that didn't scare the you know what out of me and make me run for the hills I have no idea) and he said he was going to stick around until the brick wall around my heart fell.

He put up with so much from me. He deserved so much more.
I was broken.
He waited.

One morning I woke up and was excited to get up and get dressed to meet my husband for lunch ( yes I slept in back in those days)
Then I realized I was excited ....genuinely excited....and I had been excited to see him for the past few weeks.

Was this really happening? Was I getting over, maybe even healing from a long serious seven year relationship? Was that possible?

I questioned everything.
My feelings
My thoughts
Even Gregg...

I stopped talking to him...stopped calling him...

He kept calling.
He kept chipping away at those bricks until eventually....they fell....
every single one of them
until there was no wall anymore

So girls.. women...sisters...
There is healing
Hearts do heal.

It takes time
It takes someone that is willing to go the extra mile for you

Now I thank God everyday for that physically hurting heart..
I thank God for that wall..

Because it gave me Gregg.
It showed me who Gregg was..
It showed me that he knew what a commitment was
It showed me that I was loved..and my heart with him...would be taken care of.

Hearts do heal.

1 comment:

  1. You гeally make іt seem sο easy with yοur
    prеsentatіоn but I finԁ this topіc to be actuаlly something which I think I would never undеrѕtand.
    It seems toо сomplіcated and verу broad fог me.
    I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get
    the hang of it!

    mу page work from home canada

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!