Pages

10.19.2012

BLOGtober Fest Day 5




Well here it is..
The last day of BLOGtober Fest by Arkansas Women Bloggers

If you just joining and of course naturally want to go back and read the past posts from BLOGtober Fest... I will help you....

Day One Fall Decorating...Wreaths
Day Two Halloween Memories
Day Three Fall Traditions
Day Four Past Post

I am super happy that I participated in BLOGtober Fest..I blogged about things I would never have blogged about before.
I'm not real good with pouring my heart out for the world to read...it is very relaxing blogging though ...and I envy those bloggers who can just spill the beans. Someone, in my case, might get offended ...then I would get a rude text or call..or some awesome wise advice from a super Ninja...they would rally thier "Christian" troops against me and make me look like the bad guy when in the end all I really wanted was FOR YOU TO SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!!!
Whew.. Wow....Where did that come from? Moving on...and pressing the "Do Not Disturb" button on my iPhone.

Thank you new update for that cool feature!

Today's topic is:
{Foodie Friday} Favorite Fall Recipes

The latest new recipe I have made which will definately be a new favorite of ours is the famous Taco Soup!
I can not believe I have not found this wonderful blessing of beans and cheese before!!
When it gets the slightest bit of chilly here in the Natural State...I yank out the crock pot.

So here is Taco Soup by Plain Chicken

1 lb lean ground beef
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can rotel tomatoes, undrained
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 packet Taco seasoning
1 cup frozen corn or 1 can corn, drained
5 cups water

sour cream
cheese
Fritos

Cook and drain ground beef. Drain and rinse pinto and black beans. Mix beef, beans, tomatoes, corn, Ranch mix, taco seasoning and water in crock pot. Cook on low for 8-9 hours. Serve with Fritos, cheese and a dollop of sour cream.

*If you prefer to make this on the stove, dump everything in a large pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes and serve.*

I haven't tried the stove top version...just the crock pot version and it was amazing!

What is your favorite Fall Recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!