Pages

10.04.2010

Domestic Violence ... Never Again

I was blog hopping around...and came across this one ....i have never seen it before...but what a wonderful poem it had on there...i urge you to go read it.

October is not only the month of Breast Cancer Awareness..which is really close to my heart because my grandma was taken from me at the age of 52 because of breast cancer...and you really don't know how YOUNG that is until you grow up...so there is another post coming with breast cancer information...but October is also the month of Domestic Violence.

I know a few girls that have been a victim of Domestic Violence..and I know that it is hard to go through. I am a believer that love is blind. When you really love someone..you can't see reality..you can't see what is wrong and right. You just feel like you are always wrong...and somehow if you would quit making your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend mad..then they would quit being mean to you..
but i am here to tell you..that it is not your fault!

If your relationship is abusive...physically, mentally, emotionally...you can get out..and it will get better.


The one thing that I think gets overlooked is that Domestic Violence isn't always against women. In 100 domestic violence situations approximately 40 cases involve violence by women against men. An estimated 400,000 women per year are abused or treated violently in the United States by their spouse or intimate partner. This means that roughly 300,000 to 400,000 men are treated violently by their wife or girl friend.




For more information see http://www.dvmen.org/

So in all cases...domestic violence should stop...

and stepping out of the normal shell for a minute...if you read your Bible ..you have obviously read the things that our God can do. He created this world...he can destroy it. He has before with a flood....we all need to get our act together...or I hate to say it..but when our God comes back..it ain't gonna be pretty. Our God is a God of love...but he is also a God of judgement....some I think forget that.

Put yourself in his shoes for just a moment..you create this wonderful masterpiece of Earth...you create the people..and everything in it...you give them LIFE...and now some of the very people you breathed life into turn thier backs on you...hating each other...hitting each other.....disgracing your Name....

I would be utterly ticked off!

and I pray that I am good and gone ...rejoicing and singing HOLY HOLY when his wrath takes place.


Now i want to take a minute and have everyone think about the little things they are thankful for...not the big things..those count too....like your job, family, house....but the little things...like my magazine subscription...dr pepper...etc.

can you get to 1000?
1000 things you are thankful for....
I have actually tried this before..but never finished it..and I think with this being an awareness month ...it would be a good time to try again..and even if you don't finish..it is nice to look back at all the little things that really matter that you might not otherwise notice.

1. dr pepper
2. magazine subscriptions
3. chairs with padding
4. quick supper ideas
5. preschools that you trust
6. hand sanitizer
7. ponytail holders
8. a good pair of comfy PJ pants!
9. the automatic shut off on my flat iron
10. the warm setting on my stove




 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from SITS Donkey Tribe and I am a survivor of a domestic violence marriage! And you know I did not know it was an awareness month. And I loved your post.

    I had to laugh when your #1 thing you are thankful for was Dr. Pepper! That is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Donkey tribe (who the heck decided to call us the donkeys, anyhow- it's insulting ;p). I love the whole theme of your blog - letters to your daughter. Cool beans. I wish I had a blog to read about my parents when they were my age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Domestic violence is an issue that we dont publically hear about very often so it's great that you're bringing attention to it. I love this post & am also greatful for Dr. Pepper, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww..thanks ladies!! i love all your comments..

    dr pepper is the GREATEST!!!
    and
    i also wonder why they couldnt come up with something a little more prettier than DONKEY! I mean..come on??

    I have been struggling with my blog title for quite sometime...and i think i like the ideas of the letters to my daughter!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!