Pages

8.09.2010

Celebrating Lyla's Second Year of Life!!

This past Sunday we celebrated Lyla's 2nd Birthday!
I , like every other mother, can not believe that my baby is two years old! It seems like yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital, waiting for her belly button to fall off, excited to try out the first baby foods. Now we are singing songs, and ABC's, potty training, talking in full sentences.

Where did the time go?

Did I treasure it all?

Did I record everything I wanted to?

I have to say in two years..she is a beautiful, mature, and smart cuppy cake!
There has been hair pulling times and times where I laugh so hard my jaws hurt. Being a mom is the best thing I have done in my life. I know now why I looked forward to it all those years as a child...it is like nothing else.

It is extremely hard but greatly satisfying.

Nothing compares.

I have to admit ...it is sometimes hard on your marriage..it is stressful and you take things out on each other. It is times like these though that you gather the family together, enjoy each other's company and when the chaos is all over Gregg and I  pull together and say, "Look what we have done!" and we bask in the pride and joy that we have raised and nurtured for two years.







Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. she is so cute! She looks 3 though not two! lol of course I have a little thing here who is 27 months

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cupcakes are so cute, and I am sure tasty. I served cupcakes for my twins 2nd bday and I loved the idea. I am not sure if I will ever serve a cake. Looks like a fun party too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, found you via The Lady Bloggers Society, now following.


    www.thebabywholunchesblog.com

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!