Pages

4.16.2013

My humble opinion on Boston and our world



Today is a wonderful day here in small town Arkansas. The weather is beautiful, the birds are singing and you can smell the grass of freshly mowed lawns.

Needless to say "baby girl" and I have spent most of our day outside soaking in all this wonderful day has to offer. When we come inside for a drink or a rest .. I hop on Facebook or Bloglovin to see what is happening in the internet world. Every feed, every post, and picture is praying for Boston. I pray for Boston.





As I enjoy the wonderful day with my daughter I almost start to feel guilty because there are many people that aren't enjoying today. I feel scared and pure fear about what this world is going to be like when my daughter gets older. I fear sending her to school without me... or an assault rifle.. I fear about someone breaking in the house...I fear...
And everytime something like this happens..I feel like it justifies my fear.

This morning in my bible study we researched Psalms 118:24

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

It seems almost laughable.
Just like the day of Sandy Hook or 9/11 ..how can you rejoice in a day like this?
 


I have come to think, in my humble opinion that this Planet Earth has quickly become Job.
Not Job..not an 8-5 daily office work
But Job as in the perfect man that God allowed Satan to "try" to break and tear down.

"Skin for Skin!" Says Satan in Job 2:4-5 (NIV) "A man will give all he has for his own flesh. But now stretch out your own hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face." 

In Job 2:6 God tells Satan (NIV) "Very well, then he is in your hands; but you must spare his life."

God let Satan have free reign on Job...to do what he wanted as long as he didn't take his life.

Lately it seem like our Earth has become Job. It seems like God has let Satan have free reign on us....on our flesh and bones. When children are hurt..we all hurt.. we all become mothers and fathers in that moment of time...and we mourn..we cry out and ask "WHY?"

 

But....
If you keep reading in Job 11:13-20 (MSG) it says:
Still if you set your heart on God
and reach out to him
If you scrub your hands of sin
and refuse to entertain evil in your home
You'll be able to face the world unashamed
and keep a firm grip on life, guiltless and fearless
You'll forget your troubles
Your world will be washed in sunshine

We have always had tragedy...We will have more.. We will have shootings, bombings, drugs, human trafficking...That will always be apart of this world..because there is an ever going battle between good and evil. I choose not to tell "baby girl" about it.. and I do not let her watch it on TV. I am an avid watcher of Dr Phil and I agree when he says that we shouldn't bring children into adult situations. I believe Boston is an adult situation and I choose to protect my child's innocence for as long as I can.

So while I am struggling over the loss of a community, loss of children, loss of humanity...how do I rejoice in this day that the Lord has made?



I can rejoice that there are helpers like Mr Rogers Mom tells us to look for...
I can rejoice that evil will not overcome
I can rejoice that every time something like this happens..the world seems to look toward Jesus for help.
I Rejoice that Jesus will be there to comfort, heal and give peace to those that need it.

I rejoice in my family
I rejoice in the sunshine!

 
 
Rejoice in this day and be glad in it!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I feel guilty for being so happy when so many are in pain. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!