Pages

1.16.2012

What is Beauty?

There is a young man I know...that has such a beautifully creative mind....and an even more beautiful heart.

He is trying to bring awareness to a subject that I have never really wanted to spend much time thinking about.

human trafficking or sex slavery

This subject first caught me when I watched the movie "Taken"


All I could think about was if that was my daughter...what would I do? Where would I start to find her? Would I find her? Would I be able to get to her?

It was hard for me to get through the movie

But this young man, Adam, has a burden on his heart to raise the awareness of this cause that is happening more often than we would like to know.

Here is a quote from his Beauty Creates Beauty Blog:

Sex--trafficking is a $32 billion dollar a year business.
Globally, some 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders each year, according to a 2007 report from the U.S. State Department.

Love146.org is one of many great organizations dedicated to abolish human trafficking. Check them out.

I don't know what I could possibly do to help..I don't make movies....or even attempt to claim to have the creative mind of this young man...

but...

I can do my best to spread his creativity....

So check out a couple of his sites...and watch some of his videos...they are sure to pull at some heart strings...

Beauty Creates Beauty Facebook Page

Beauty Creates Beauty Blog








1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I will see if anything comes to mind about a fresh title for you! I wanted to commend you for mentioning the cause of human trafficking on your blog. It's something that is very near to my heart. We often don't think there's anything we can do, but we can pray and spread the word! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!