Pages

5.17.2010

Chocolate Syrup recipe! YUM!

Over at New Nostalgia ( I love love love that blog!) ...Amy had a great recipe for Chocolaty syrup. So good that her hubby almost dove in the bowl and licked it clean!
I just made a butter pecan cake with coconut pecan icing mixed in with it..and it would be even more delicious with chocolate syrup drizzled over the top!!
Everything tastes better with chocolate on it!! right?

So I am off to try it and see how it turns out......
here is the reciepe from her blog!

Lee Lee's Famous Chocolate Sauce For Ice Cream
2 min/1 minute prep time

Serves 4-6

1/2 cup sugar (I use whole cane sugar -rapadura)
2 Tablespoon Cocoa
1/8 tsp Salt
1 1/2-2 Tablespoon Butter
1/4 cup water (more or less, as needed to make a stirable consistency)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (can't beat 100% pure vanilla extract!)

1. Combine sugar, cocoa, and salt in a small saucepan.
2. Add enough water to make stirable consistency.
3. Add butter to cocoa mixture.
4. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
5. Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Add vanilla.
8. Serve warm over ice cream.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!