Pages

12.02.2012

Sunday Faith



I have been a part of the Good Morning Girls Bible Studies the past few studies they have had. I started in Colossians..which was a great study and now we are doing an Advent Study to prepare our hearts for Christmas..

If you would like to join me in this study leave me a message or comment and I will get you right into our Facebook group and get you started.

This week starts Advent...the waiting of the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Waiting..isnt that the most exciting part?
 Like a kid waiting for Christmas morning..you BEG to open just one present on Christmas eve night because you just can't stand the excitment anymore!

That is Advent..

Advent..is the excitement of knowing that soon..Jesus was born..to give us hope..in a world where we can not succeed without him.

Last week we started our Advent Study .. to prepare for this first week of our Advent season...We talked on the topic of Hope.

I know I take that word and use it out of context sometimes...
like..
I hope we have enough money for Christmas this year
I hope that I have energy to get the house spotless today...

That isn't hope..

My hope should be Jesus.. My hope is Jesus...

Anything I hope...should be put in Jesus name.

What else can you put hope into?
Money
New Homes
Cars
Other people

All that fades away..

 God had everything planned before he started anything.. We exsist because he had us planned. We are unique individuals because of Him. We all have our own purpose in life if we follow his light..His light...His word..will guide us on the path that he has planned for us...specifically for each of us...for you...for me.

Isaiah 60: 19
The sun will no more be your light by day nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you for the Lord will be your everlasting light and God will be your glory. Your sun will never set again and your days of sorrow will end.

Wow.. We don't need the light of sun ...God will be our light.. We won't have to worry about days of sorrow ...God will be our glory.

He is Hope..
for me
for you
for our world

Hope that our days will be full of joy

Romans 15: 13
May the God of Hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

He will fill us with JOY and PEACE as we trust him...We have to trust him..He has everything planned ..He told everyone in Jeremiah 33 that "The days are coming..that there will be a righteous branch sprout from David's line" ..that was Jesus coming to us. That was our Hope!

I know today that I am nothing without my light .. and I plan to see the light of Jesus, my Hope, everyday in everything (another great plug for Ann Voskamps book "One Thousand Gifts" ..it opens your eyes to everyday things that is our Joy) ...I plan to live my life like I am counting down the days to the next coming of Jesus..because it is coming..Just like in Jeremiah God told us in Revelation that there will be a new Earth..Isn't that exciting!? I can't wait to see it..a place where we won't need the sun or the moon..a place of no sorrows.. we will have God. light, HOPE!

Another great site to get Biblical motivation and Hope through God is is What Christians Want to Know


Have a Blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!