Pages

11.05.2012

Show and Tell: Careers





The wonderful lady...Becky @ From Mrs to Mama.... who did my bloggy makeover has her own linky on Mondays called Show and Tell. Each Monday she picks a topic to share about just to get to know each other a little better..This week is about your career..I find careers interesting and I want to support Becky so I decided to link up this week and will try to every Monday ....


This Weeks Questions: Careers/Your "Job"

1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?
In college I studied Pre Elementary Education and since I am a preschool teacher now..I would say it relates. Did the material I studied relate to what I am actually doing? Not at all. I don't think anything prepares you for a classroom full of youngin's except just jumping and seeing how it goes.

2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.
My everyday job now is so awesome!! I am so blessed!! Right now I have my own inhome preschool. So my first kiddo gets here about 6am..so I am up about that time and he falls back to sleep..so I lay on the couch and watch the news or play on my iPhone. The next two kiddos show up anywhere between 8-9am..by that time usually Lyla is waking up. I let them play for a while with each other then we come into my office and do some school work. We play outside. They watch a TV show while I fix lunch. After lunch is nap. After nap they play until mom or dad comes to get them. Once all the kiddos leave me and Lyla relax..fix supper...bath and bedtime. With of course some fun and extras in there ..but that the general day.

3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us

I don't have a picture of me at work ...with what I do now..because I am always taking pictures of the kids. I have worked in a few preschools...all of which I have seen the "behind the scenes" and I would never leave my child there without me working there. So here is a picture of me at an old work place:



4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us.

In ten years I hope to have finished my Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education..and hopefully finished my Masters...and beginning to further my education. I would love to be teaching in our local public school system ...if I don't find a building and raise enough money to open my own preschool.

5. Tell us what you have learned, and what {if any} recommendations you may have for those looking to go into the field you are in.

What I've learned? I've learned that children are just like adults..they have feelings and emotions...and blame themselves for things. I've learned to be patient with my own daughter and no matter how many times I have heard the same story I will listen attentively because it is important to her...and if I listen now..she will feel more comfortable telling me stories when she's older. I've learned to parent...I've learned to love even when it's hard....I've learned that it is ok to need a break...This career has taught me so much and has made me such a better person. My one and only reccommendation for anyone wanting to go into Early Childhood is do it FOR the kids. You have to love kids. You might be the one and only smile they see all day..Be that. It doesn't pay good...but nothing can compare to a little one I taught four years later screaming my name across Wal Mart and running to give me a hug.






Next Weeks Questions: Cold Weather Activities
1. Tell us what you like to do when it's cold outside.
2. Tell us some of your favorite "winter" recipes.
3. Show a picture of something that makes you think of the cold.
4. Tell us /show us some of your favorite accessories/outfits for the winter
5. Tell us if you had the option of snow or no snow, what would you pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!