Pages

11.10.2012

The Husband Challenge Day 11



So what was it that drew you in to your husband?
Did you tell him? What did he say?

DAY ELEVEN!

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
(Eph. 5:22)

This has always been a point of discussion among me and many others. When I say I am a Christian...this is usually one of the first questions I am asked, "So do you submit to your husband?" My answer, "Yes I do"

Let's get this word "submit" in definition.
Submit..doesn't mean he "rules" over me..My husband is the authority in our family. What he says goes....but my opinion and thoughts are greatly a part of his decision. He has points of expertise and I have mine. When it comes to teaching our child manners and how to act like a lady..that is my job..and I have the authority in that area..but if our child disrespects me or I need a break..He steps up, sees the problem, and handles it.

This submission in a marriage..let me say...can only happen correctly in a Godly marriage. In a godly marriage the wife submits to her husband..but he loves her like Christ loved the church. So there is a respect factor...He respects me..so I respect him.

Women who are constantly negative toward their husbands—especially by speaking evil of them to others—show great disrespect. If this is something you have done...Determine not to do that today (or ever!)...It might be hard....but my husband feeling disrespected was a great issue in our marriage. So know how your husband feels respected.

Men respond to women who respect them. What do you respect about your husband? Part of that respect is what we talked about yesterday and throughout this study...Listen to him, talk positively about him, praise him for his work and his hobbies.

When a man feels respected...the whole world is in align!!

Treat him like a king...and he will treat you like his Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!