Pages

11.02.2012

The Husband Challenge: Day 3



Two days down..
How you feeling?
How are things going?
Has your husband responded in any way?

Remember no negativity...If you don't see a response...Keep Going! It's only been two days! I have heckled and "loved" my husband for alot longer than that for a pair of red TOM's wedges. We can do this!

Day Three:

Love suffers long, and is kind. (1 Cor. 13:4)

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)

Love indeed suffers long. I think God knows just how long we suffer sometimes..so he makes it kind for us with Valentines Days and Mothers Day. Just Kidding! Even though sometimes our marriage suffers..It sure is nice to have a suffering shoulder to cry on after a crazy day.

 As you consider this Husband Challenge, determine yourself today to not say anything negative to or about your husband. Speak nicely to him...nicely from the goodness of your heart. Don't just say something nice because that's the challenge today...Look, Find, Think, and Notice something that he has done...or said..and really let him know that you appreciate that, that you have noticed it, and it makes YOU feel loved. Thank him for being nice and doing whatever that task was. Then Thank God that your husband knows how to be tough and tender...and ask God to show you the inner rooms of your husband's heart so that you may know how to love him more.

Sometimes it is just down right difficult for a man to be gentle, kind, or tender...especially if he hasn't had any good role models in that area. Some people can say that your childhood doesn't matter...but I am here to tell you ..IT DOES. The relationship you have now will the relationship that your kids will hold as an example when they start looking for a spouse. Remember that! Your baby girl..is going to look for someone just like Daddy when she gets old enough...and your son...is going to treat women the way he seen Daddy treat his Momma. So if your husband isn't Dr McDreamy give him some slack..Just because he doesn't love you the way YOU want him to...doesn't mean he doesn't love you at all. Let him know when you need him...Let him know when you need him to just hold you. Don't hint around...that could take FOREVER...Just tell him. Men are problem solvers..They don't sit around and cry and wonder "what could have been"..If it's broke..they fix it..if it can't be fixed..it is trash. Don't let your husband think your marriage is unfixable...show him, tell him what you need so he will know how to "fix" it..or "fix" you.

I have told my husband before...I am going to sit here and cry...and I just want you to hold me and tell me everything is going to be OK.
You know what he said?
"I can do that"

and he did

I was happy..and got the emotional comfort I needed
He was happy because I wasnt' randomly crying for a reason he had no clue about and had no idea how to ....... "fix" me...and he felt confident that he WAS doing the right thing because I told him.

Ladies ... sometimes we just need to take the bull by the horns and say LISTEN honey..this is what I need...and you'll both be happier.

Be sure to tell him...that you love him for just holding you (or whatever he did)..and you appreciate him listening to   me  you  sobbing like a two year old   getting your emotions out...or for holding your hand...or sitting by you on the couch while you watch TV... whatever it may be ...tell him that when he does that specific thing..it makes you happy!

I hope all is going good for everyone that is taking on this challenge... and I hope to see major changes and improvement in all marriage...and I hope the devil is running scared!! Be prepared...once Satan realizes that you are set in your ways to encourage your husband..he will attack... Don't succumb to it...Stand Tall..

    The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I (Jesus)came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10

Have an abundant marriage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!