Pages

11.13.2012

The Husband Challenge Day 13



Day Thirteen

Wow! I can't believe we have made it to Day 13!

This post was hard to write for me because I do not usually talk about stuff like this...especially in public...so this is a challenge for both of us!


I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.
(Song of Solomon 7:10)

You and your husband desire each other..at least I hope you do. When you date and made that decision to marry..you desire each other. There is passion...but to be completely honest..Passion and desire can fade..quickly!
The sexual relationship. It's one of those elements—along with money and children—that can derail a marriage through negative comments. Negativity destroys intimacy, but encouragement builds and strengthens the marriage bond.

Let's get to the nitty gritty here:
Is your husband a "good lover"? Are you happy with him in that area of your marriage? Have you told him?

If you were going to encourage your husband in ANY area of your marriage this area should be number one..so be specific! Let him know what he does right. Most husbands take alot of pride in pleasing their wives..so let him know he does!


Does this area of your marriage need some work? Remember that this is a sensitive area for men so even if you need to tell him that he may need to change a few things...keep it positive!!

Have you heard of the sandwhich effect?
When you have a problem...start with a postive...slip in the negative...and end on a positive.

Being a preschool teacher I have had to use this effect quite often sometimes...

Ms. So and So...Little Johnny is one of my best helpers in my room..He is always ready to help me in any way..but today we had a little bit of a listening problem...but we talked about it and I'm sure tomorrow I will get my good helper back!

See..I just told her that her kid wasn't listenging today ..but she doesn't feel like he was in trouble all day or she is obligated to do something.

So encourage your husband and keep it positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!