Pages

11.06.2012

The Husband Challenge Day 7



Here we are Day 7!!
A whole week!!

How has it been?
How have you done with the challenges..they aren't to hard...but they mean alot!

Day Seven

Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease! . . . for riches certainly make themselves wings.
(Prov. 23:4-5b)

That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries. (Prov. 8:21)

Money is the root of much marital discord. I will be honest and say money is the root of most of our fights. It might not be that we don't have any.. or that we can't pay our bills..because with God's grace we have made it through me losing my job and we are fixing to make it through my husband going off to basic training...but money is stressful. It makes you a different person...and that stress is what causes us to argue.
OR
You want a cute new pair of shoes..but don't spend the money on yourself because you would feel bad...but then UPS comes to the door with a box for your husband that contains new hunting gear....That never happen to you? It has here!
OR
....well..let's move on!

Money is a touchy subject! Ask yourself, "Am I being negative toward my
husband in the area of finances?" Determine not to speak evil of your husband in this area of your lives. Discover way to encourage and help him instead. Does he handle the finances wisely? Does he make good investments? Does he budget? Does he make wise decisions before purchasing? Is he a good steward of your money with your church and charities? Let him know how much you appreciate his strengths in financial matters.

If he is weak in this area, encourage any good decisioins that he does make. Maybe you can help him by organizing financial files or maybe making a household binder to organize the bills and the time that they are due...try to be of assistance. Or..if he wants you to handle the finances, make sure you ask his opinion before making big decisions.

My husband has handled our money..and done a great job with it. I will have to take over soon and I am scared to death..I don't know if I can live up to what he does!

***

Are you enjoying this "30-Day Encouragement Challenge"? Have you learned

something about your own relationship with the Lord as you seek to encourage your

husband? Please take a minute to jot me a note in the comment section here at Just Lovely,

 to share with us how God is touching your heart and your marriage!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!