I wrote a post earlier about participating in the Good Morning Girls Advent Study..which we would love for you to join with us..but not only are we aiming to get into God's Word together..we are aiming to change the world together!!
And We Can!
Today I’m inviting you to join Good Morning Girls and myself along with my bible study group of women to change an ENTIRE NATION in the name of Jesus!!!
Good Morning Girls has teamed up with a Christian organizatioin called The Last Well who is on a mission to provide clean water to the entire country of Liberia! And in addition to giving out water they plan on sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to every one they meet!!
Good Morning Girls have over 16.000 women who participate in their bible studies. A ministry of women uniting to make the habit of having one on one time with God and holding friends accountable who need it. I love being a part of this group and just this past study I have had the privilege of leading my own group which has blessed me greatly! With 16,000 women spreading the word ... we could serve water to that whole country in no time!
So far, TLW has reached over 200,000 men, women and children in Liberia with water and the Gospel. Their goal: To reach every Liberian with water and the Gospel by the end of this decade! I believe we can help them meet this goal even FASTER and thereby help save more lives in the process!
Here is Angela of Good Morning Girls sitting down to talk with Tod Phillips, the founder of The Last Well
Here is a little info from the Good Morning Girls blog:
Why this organization?
- It meets a basic need. Clean water. Men, women and children are dying because they don’t have the very basics…..clean water.
- Local men and women in the communities are trained how to dig, maintain and repair the wells that are created through this organization.
- The money we raise is MATCHED!
- We are able to track how much money has been raised through GoodMorningGirls from our own personal site! (Check it out)
- Jesus the “Living Water” is shared with the people in these communities as their need of physical water is met.
- It’s the first physical building block in helping a community become healthier. Everything else like health, food and livelihood builds upon it.
- Unsafe water is the world’s number one killer…..it kills more people every year than all forms of violence, including war!
- Of the thousands of people who die daily from this problem, 90% are children under the age of five. As a mom of 3 girls ages 6,5, and 1, I feel compelled to stand in the gap for these children and do something about this issue!
- The hard truth: These deaths are preventable….with access to clean water.
Check out this video on why Todd chose this country.
How much does one well cost?
- ONE dollar gives ONE Liberian clean water for ONE year. How many people can you help?
- Purchase a water well for a community in Liberia for $3000. The average well serves 1000 people!
- Purchase a bio-sand water filter for one family in rural Liberia for $102. You can give an entire family clean water!
- Add The Last Well to your Christmas list.
- Talk with your family about The Last Well and give a family gift.
- Give up a Christmas gift(s) and instead donate the money to The Last Well.
- Invite your children to give up a Christmas gift(s) and donate the money to The Last Well.
- Have a “Happy Birthday Jesus” party with your friends and their kids. (I talk about this idea in our Advent eBook on page 40) Instead of having children bring gifts to donate, have them donate the money online and learn more about the need for clean water in Liberia, building awareness of how other children live around the world.
- Tell friends about THE LAST Well by sharing this graphic on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, informing more people of this wonderful organization and the great need of physical water and the “Living Water” in Liberia!
- PRAY! Pray God will use us mightily in this nation for HIS GLORY!
We are wanting to raise $10,000 and we are already up to $4,000 ....