Pages

11.19.2012

The Husband Challenge Day 20



Day Twenty

Wow! Day twenty..Are you still with me? I sure hope so!!
We are almost done.. I would love to know if you are seeing any difference!!

And be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ

also forgave you.

(Eph. 4:32)

It's time for some heart examination...for us as wives.  As you continue in this 30-day challenge, have you found any roots of bitterness that are contaminating your relationship with your husband?
Do you understand that as long as you are unwilling to forgive your husband—by God's grace and in His power—you will not be able to encourage him? Your own resentment will keep getting in the way. Now is the time to deal with any unforgiving attitudes. Forgive him, even as God has forgiven you. I don't know about you guys but some of the arguments me and my husband..even the big ones...a couple weeks later or even at the time..I can't even remember "how" they got started...Can you?

Another one of my faults is when we do get into an argument..I am mad..I mean mad..for like a while...My husband can be completely over it in ten minutes. I love him for that..but it aggrevates the dog out of me!! So my point...pick your battles..if you are going to go to odds with your husband make sure it is about something that you have a strong point of view on and that you will be able to remember "why" you started the conversation.

Is your husband a forgiving man? Does he keep short accounts of your problems? Express your thankfulness for such a man.

Does your husband seem to harbor grudges against you? If so, could there be things you need to change? Get together...or by yourself..and make a list of all those past hurts..or arguements or things said..and let him know that you are starting clean..you forgive him..and you hope that if you have done anything to him...that he will let you know..so you know what to change and that he will forgive you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!