Pages

11.03.2012

The Husband Challenge Day 4



Here we are Day 4..
How are things going?
Have you seen a difference in your husband yet?...if not...keep going!!

I'll tell you in just four days I have seen a difference. Not that my husband was unapproachable in the first place..I think we have a great marriage...but no marriage is perfect and you can always give your spouse more attention and appreciation. I've gotten many sweet text messages throughout the day..more than usual anyway.

Did you slip and say anything negative yesterday? I did..but it wasn't about my husband. He was gone hunting all day..and I mean ALL day long!
But when he got back he took us out to dinner..which was really nice.

I have a had a few people let me know that they are following along... update me! Let me know how things are going so we can rejoice together!!

Let's move on today:

Day 4:
Let him labor, working with his hands what is good. (Eph. 4:28b)

I was always raised that the man is supposed to provide for the family. I know it is a southern and old way of thinking..because now a days there is a lot of women who take pride in their carrers...including me..but alot of women are also the ones bringing in the money for the home. In my household my husband is our bread winner and unless I won the lottery I don't think he would have it any other way..hence why we get along so good!!

I have to admit sometimes I take that for granted. I have found myself thinking that he is "supposed" to go to work..He is "supposed" to provide for us. I was wrong. He doesn't "have to" ...he "chooses to" and I pray God blesses him for that. He works so hard..and some long hours sometimes..just to make sure we are taken care of and even to give us some things that we "want"....things that we don't necessarily "need"

When my husband would get home from work..I would be upset that he wouldn't ask about my day. How trivial of me? Really! I work..and I used to work outside the home..I worked a full time job and went to school full time...but my job and school..has nothing on what he does. How dare I "dump" all my concerns and uglies of my day on him as soon as he hits the door! I should be strengthening him and encouraging him. A wise wife will make her husband feel that she values and appreciates his work..especially in my case where his work is what makes us keep on living the way we do. Let him know that you are thankful and glad that he is such a hard worker. Take some opportunities to praise him for his diligence to work everyday and sometimes overtime..and his resourcefulness to learn what his job is all about and encourage him to do his job well.


If your husband is out of work, unable to work, or refuses to work, you'll need to be more creative. Praise him for a character quality that you see in him that would be a vital part of a successful career -- such as:  persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind organizational skills, good with people, good listener, determination, etc. and let him know that you believe in him and that the perfect job for him will come along.

I pray for each of you that are joining me!!
Have a great weekend!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!