Pages

11.07.2012

The Husband Challenge Day 8



Day Eight

We are in WEEK 2!!

How was week 1? I think I am the only one doing this challenge..but that's ok with me because I can see leaps and bounds of a difference in my husband!

In case I am not the only one...or someone reads this later..Don't forget.....

**You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.

**Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband . . . to your husband or to someone else, about your husband.

Our scripture for today is:

But who can find a faithful man? (Prov. 20:6b)

Faithfulness is a wonderful but rare quality today, especially in regard to marriage. I mean our divorce rate is 50% ..HELLO! I know of three couples that our friends right off the top of my head that have a problem with faithfulness...and those are the ones I "know" of...Imagine how many more that I don't know of..I pray that there aren't any more...but who knows? Even the ones that I do know I tell them all that I wish they could work things out..I wish there was something I could do...they could do..something..I hate to see couples break apart. Do you understand just how important this quality of faithfulness is?

Your challenge today is to continue to root out all negative speaking and plan seeds of encouragement and love instead. You may be amazed at what will grow.

Like I have said before Negativity just breeds negativity! Think on the things you love about each other..all the new adventures you can grow into together..Don't give up on those things. 


Contemporary culture often entices men to be unfaithful to their wedding vows and spiritual commitments. People don't even look for a ring anymore on a woman's finger..and even if they do..it doesn't mean anything anymore to most people. Appreciate your husband's faithfulness—how he is loyal to you. That is such a peace of mind to have if your husband has been faithful to you throughout your marriage.

Let him know that you are glad he has stuck with you in your marriage. I'll be honest..I am not easy to put up with..I have days where everything that comes out of my mouth is sarcastic...I don't know if I could live with me for long..but somehow Gregg does it...and is happy. Bless Him!  Appreciate your husband's faithfulness to God. If your husband doesn't show much emotion towards church..it doesn't mean that it isn't on the inside..some men just aren't outwardly emotional. Pray for him! Pray for his faithfulness to you and to God!

(If you have an unfaithful husband, this is a difficult area for you. Pray, speak the truth in love, remain faithful to yourself, and discover new ways to encourage faithfulness in your mate. Talk...Talk with grace and a grain of salt..Get to the root of the problem..and Solve it! I'm praying for you..I'm praying for all my married friends. It is NOT easy to STAY married now a days. It has never been easy to stay married..but there is SO much temptation in this world now..and it is so easy to just call it quits.
The Bible says that husbands may "be won by the conduct of their wives" [1 Pet. 3:1]. Another reason I love this study challenge. A husband can be won...WON...by the conduct of their wives. We've talked about this before..Be aware of your conduct. Don't whine, nag, gripe...Be thankful..Appreciate...Love. You may also want to seek counsel from a mature, godly individual or couple.)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nikki. I just found this blog. What a wonderful idea! This weekend, my hubs and I are celebrating our 22nd Anniversary. I will try this challenge and be positive and complimenting to him. No Negativity. (We'll see how it goes.) :-)
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!