Pages

11.14.2012

The Husband Challenge Day 14




Day Fourteen

The righteous man walks in his integrity.
(Prov. 20:7a)

First of all this week let's define "integrity"
Integrity is doing the right thing..even when no one is watching
 
Every week there are news reports about men who gave in to temptations and comprimised what they said they believed. We hear countless reports about dishonest business dealings, hidden infidelities (perfect now with the head of the CIA in the news all the time now), and hypocritical leaders. It is so easy to focus on these things and ignore those who are being honest, faithful and genuine.
Sad..but true!

We don't get news stories about couples making it to their 50th anniversary! We get stories about how Tiger Woods wife tore up his truck..why? Because that is alot more interesting!

As you continue on this challenge determine to look for ways that your husband stands out against the culture of these days. The divorce rate is 50%...Seriously...HALF of all marriages get divorced! My reason exactly for doing this challenge.

Is your spouse a man of inegrity? One of the things I LOVED about my husband is that I felt completely confident that a beautiful woman could walk by him and he wouldn't turn his head from me..that is not of society now..it is a "given" or "understood" now that men will look..as long as they don't touch..That is not OK with me!

Is he fair in his dealings with other people? Is he honest? Consider all the ways a man can live with integrity and praise your husband for one of them. As you have the opportunity ...as it is appropriate...share examples of your husbands honesty and integrity with others. And even better..let him "overhear" you.


***

Isn't it amazing what the power of encouragement can do in others' lives? It can change lives..and it certainly can change your marriage! So many blessings come to those who we are encouraging along with blessign our own hearts. It feels nice to encourage someone!

I would love for you to share with me how this challenge is helping you and anything you have gotten from it. What has God been doing in your heart as you have set yourself to be determined to encourage your husband? Have you seen changes in your husband?

Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!